Celebrations


image of deck and trees beyond with snow on the groundHey!  Isn’t this meant to be Spring?  So cold!  But more snowfalls so that was a bonus.  Thank you to the person who invented central air conditioning!  Stairs became my daily challenge, I am a flatlander and not used to navigating stairs or hills.  My hip really suffered from the journey and I suffered terrible stiffness in the first week or so. 



photo of nappies with messages on them Anyway back to the events… We arrived Friday 28th Feb and the folks here had waited for my arrival to hold the baby shower.  So on Sunday, we gathered and shared stories and laughs, and it was so wonderful to see the love and care around my girl by her mother in law Mary, family and friends.  Little did we know that hell was about to break loose.

Over the next week or so there were more stories about the virus and in that week following the baby shower I got really ill with a nasty virus, as did Roger and little JJ.  I thought well, this is it I have it!  I still have no idea if we did, it was similar symptoms to those being talked about but happily we all recovered.

image of newborn baby
Still not altogether well, but improving I was awoken in the wee hours of the 6th by my daughter, a week or so early but it was time, she was in labour.  When little JJ woke up she was pretty lost, no mum or dad, just these strangers who have come to live with her a few days ago.   It was so hard for her, she has autism and at this stage she is non verbal and unable to express herself.  JJ huddled up in a corner of the couch and all I could so was try and comfort her and watch some Disney with her as that is familiar and comforting.  It was breaking my heart to see her so quiet and sad as she is usually constantly on the go and very cheerful. 


Little Alice May was brought safely into the world in the afternoon of 6th March and weighed in at 3.18kg (7lb 10z).  Due to restrictions at the hospital as things were tightening due to the virus spreading Jaina was not able to see mummy or the new baby in hospital, fortunately I was allowed a short visit and a quick cuddle.

We had a small gathering of family and friends on the following weekend as my big grandie, Brandon had just purchased his first home.  The following day lockdown really kicked in.  Then came the big question stay or come home?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to begin?